DREAMS


(Part one)
By Madubuike Nnaemeka Michael


A dream from what I understand, is a series of pictures, colors, shapes, ideas, emotions and sensations that moves in successions in the human mind during sleep. Scientists have stated that dreams are mostly triggered by residual thoughts or obsessions. The scientific study of dreams is
called oneirology; not that you needed the lesson, I just thought I should state it since I am talking about it.

One glorious day as I was to deliver a speech in the united nations auditorium. The speech was going to be about the solutions to global economic crisis. The theories I had prepared, in practical would eradicate poverty by bringing almost instant economic boom.  The secretary general back then, Kofi Annan was rounding up his address and was about to introduce me to the house so I can come deliver my global solutions speech. He looked at me and nodded signifying that it was time for me to come out and do my thing. I was beaming with so much pride, dexterity, and a high level of intellect after the introduction. My Italian dark blue suit was looking elegant under the spot light. As I walked on to the podium I could see prominent world leaders clapping their hands at my arrival. It was a beautiful sight.
 Standing on the podium now, the auditorium was quiet waiting for me to speak. As I was about to flip the slide on the screen, I took a quick glance at the crowd again, and this time I made out a few familiar faces. I saw the past president of Nigeria, His excellency Olusegun Obasanjo, the US president George W.  Bush and Condoleeza Rice, the US secretary of state all smiling at me, and at that moment the auditorium became illuminated, brighter than it was before. The next thing I heard, Bush screamed “Wow!”, OBJ yelled; “Up NEPA!” shocked out my senses I thought that was the end only to find Condoleeza dancing Awilo and singing; eh!eh!eh!’ in happiness. Indeed, an awkward picture. This cannot be happening, I thought to myself. Gradually, the awkward picture started disappearing and I woke up. It was my mum who screamed the wow! my younger brother yelled the ‘up NEPA’, and our youngest sister did the dancing before going to put on the DVD to continue the movie she was seeing earlier. You might not believe it, but it happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment